Services to the Pharmaceutical Industry
The Pharmaceutical industry is facing challenge, like at no other time in the past. The dynamics creating the pressures are pretty clear: drugs coming off patent, increased competition from generic producers, stock market pressures for margin growth, increasing cost restraint pressures from government agencies, regulatory pressures and ongoing agendas in merger and acquisitions.
In this environment, companies need to enhance their ability to innovate and compete along all dimensions of the business. Orbsen Consulting can help pharmaceutical companies face this challenge. Selected examples are as follows:
- The multi-stage supply chains that exist in the pharmaceutical sector, from API producers, bulk dosage producers, packaging operations, and distributors is very amenable to structured inventory analysis and Inventory Reduction techniques. Orbsen’s breakthrough service offering in this area can make a significant difference to asset investment in working capital.
- Sales and Operations Planning approaches for the 1-12 month horizon and 1-3 year horizon are particularly relevant to allowing management in large pharmaceutical operations retain strategic and operational control of the business dynamics associated with the supply of major product families. This is a prudent and necessary process because of the corporate revenue impact of such block busters. Learn more about the 1-12 month S&OP process and the strategic S&OP process.
- For those interested in strategic cost reduction in operations, Orbsen offers a breakthrough approach in the analysis of conversion costs, and the linkage of cost drivers in operations to those conversion cost elements. The purpose is to enable a strategic programme aimed at moving the change levers that are going to favourably impact costs and margin.
- Pharmaceutical business’s are encumbered by the adverse cost and complexity impact of legacy products. Having a structured methodology for Portfolio Management and Complexity Reduction is key, if one is to avoid the risks of throwing the baby out with the bath water.
- At a more local level, Orbsen offers expertise in the application of Overall Equipment Effectiveness techniques for Secondary Medical Operations. This fact based approach is key for Operations Managers who are pursuing operational excellence within their business.
- The Planning and Scheduling of Quality and Laboratory Operations is a black art. When customers are screaming for product, as often as not, product may be held up in its release cycle. The Orbsen approach for Operations Management of Laboratory and Quality activities can make difference.
Orbsen has deep competencies in several functional areas and business sectors. Orbsen offers structured services aimed at creating value for client organizations by addressing a broad range of client needs.
- In the area of Supply Chain Management, featured services include strategic inventory reduction, sales and operations planning, planning architecture development, harvesting value from Enterprise Resource Planning, procurement, demand management and customer service.
- In the area of Operations Management, featured services address best practices in operations, strategic cost of goods management and improvement of overall equipment effectiveness. In pharmaceutical operations in particular, the operations management of the quality assurance and laboratory functions can bear equal importance to operations management of production.
- In the area of Strategy, offerings include strategic analysis, strategy development, portfolio management, measurement of business value and benchmarking. Programme management services are also offered in a variety of areas.
- In the area of Information Technology Management, services are offered in the areas of enterprise platform selection in both Tier 1 and Tier 2 contexts, deployment support, executive information systems selection and deployment, and overall IT strategy development.
- Orbsen also offers a la carte General Consultancy, exploiting broad based competencies and methodologies.